Thursday 15 October 2015

Q & A about me Part 1


So, someone sent me some questions and I thought to share the answers here. There are 30+ questions so I’ll be sharing in sets of 10.

Q: What is your number one goal this year?
A: For 2015 what I want to accomplish is the anchoring of good habits.  I started a weight loss journey this May and little by little I started to replace old bad habits like smoking and being sedentary for new good habits like eat wholesome foods and become active. I’m still transitioning between an obese type I-smoking-coach potato to the ideal active mindful eater I want to become, so that’s why this year’s main goal is to transform these changes into habits.  Of course, for next year my main goal is to reach my ideal weight and fitness level and keep it that way.  I feel fantastic with all the changes in the last 5 months and the loss of 21 lbs so far.

Q: What are you must grateful for?
A: My husband, hands down.  He is the best person in the whole world: brilliant, passionate, hard working, sweet, funny and talented.  We've been married for almost 4 years (our anniversary is next Wednesday, October 21st) but we've shared our lives as a couple for 17 years. He’s been by my side through thick and thin being my port and strength every time I was lost. I love him more than I've ever loved anyone and unknowingly he has saved my life more times than I care to count. Thank you Universe for letting me share my life with the must fantastic being in all of time and space.

Q: Are you content?
A: No. I'm truly happy right now, but not content.  I still want to change myself so much from the inside and out to keep growing and undo the damage I let others and myself inflict upon me.

Q: What is your best memory of last year?
A: Our Halloween party.  I loved my make up and felt both creepy and beautiful.  Our decorations and crafts came out amazing and I enjoyed so much doing all these things with the hubby. Halloween is our favourite holiday and I had the best time ever planning everything and making food, decorations, cocktails and costumes all month long.
My Make up
Q: What was the last major accomplishment you had?
A: Landing my new job.  It is a senior management at an international bank with a very nice salary and interesting projects. I don’t love working in the financial environment, or for that matter at an office, but a job is a job and it pays the bills, makes me proud and gives us financial tranquillity.  Also, I lost 21 lbs, quit smoking and started working out every day! Not too shabby, right?

Q: What possession could you not live without?
A: My book collection. I have so many memories and friends between those pages that I can’t imagine losing them.  I could buy another one, but it won’t be the same.  These are my books, there are many like these, but these are mine, my own, my preciouses. And now my geek is leaking.

Q: Can people change?
A: Yes and no. I believe we can change superficial things, but the core of our “self” remains the same. I am changing a lot of things about myself, but right at the core, I’ll remain me.  If you are a good person, you can change a lot of things, but you’ll still be a good person; but if you are mean… doesn't matter how many times you say you’ll change, you won’t.

Q: What is the last “good” thing you ate?
A: My breakfast!  100% organic and home made: 2 sunny side up eggs on top of rice bread, and yoghurt with grapes and sugar/sweetener free home made strawberry jam.

Q: What is your current favourite snack?
A: Oat bran. It’s yummy, healthy, great texture and versatile, it can go sweet or savoury and is so filling I don’t go hungry for hours.  

Q: What made you smile today?
A: My cats.  They make me smile every day with their shenanigans, cuteness and love. I have 4 cats: 1 boy, Frijol and 3 girls, Gaïa, Camillè and Calliope.  Frijol and Gaïa are brothers from the same litter and we adopted them from a shelter when they were 5 weeks old. Camillè AKA Bombi was also adopted from the same shelter when she was 5 months old. She has PTSD of some sort but is learning to be calmer.  Our youngest is Calliope AKA Piña. We rescued her from the street when she was a wee 1 month old kitten.  She is happiness embodied and the must crazy lovable creature on earth.

So… these are the first 10 questions about myself I’ll be posting here.  I hope you find them interesting and you are more than welcome to share your answers in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment