Wednesday 28 October 2015

Crazy Times

Remember how last Monday I was sick? I saw lights and got light headed and threw up all night. Well, apparently it is day related because the lights and lightheaded-ness came back again this Monday around 4 pm.  

As I was at work I decided to go to the doctor’s office to check my blood pressure… it was normal 120/80.  So she told me it might be my blood glucose.  She pinched my finger to check it out and behold, it was low. For an 80-90 desired range I had 78.  It’s not too much but it was low.  

She said I had to add more sugar to my diet like honey, agave, jams, etc. More sugar? Really!?!  How is that proper advice from a medical professional, when added sugar is linked to heart disease and metabolic syndrome, diabetes and insulin resistance?  

This is how they should sell it!
I don’t want to add direct sugars to my food, I've been working so hard to ditch it, but I can definitely up my complex carb intake.

After a couple of days with some more whole grains and an extra portion of fruit I've been feeling great.  Perhaps I was under eating some things, but I still believe that clean whole foods will give me all the proper nutrition I need.


On another subject… what do you think about the WHO’s declaration that processed meats (sausages, ham, deli meat), as well as preserved meats (prosciutto, bacon, Serrano ham) and red meat in general are carcinogenic?

The world's reaction.
I've been trying to read the study, but I can’t find it anywhere and though I can imagine processed meats being really unhealthy (those chemicals aren't a joke) I see no reason for organic red meat (natural or cured) to be unhealthy within reasonable rations, so I don’t know what to make of this, especially since these kind of things are very political matters and powerful companies can, and do by this type of studies.  Did Tyson and the poultry industry paid for this? Or perhaps it was the pork industry? I don’t know.

Do you know why was red meat considered carcinogenic? Are you going to stop eating these food items, or you don’t care about these kind of things?

No comments:

Post a Comment